- This event has passed.
Region 1 Symposium
February 10, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Register on MITRAIN under course ID 1088833
Course Title: Helping You Answer the Call: District 1 Regional Medical Response Coalition 18th Annual WMD/CBRNE Symposium
Location: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, Michigan State University, 219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI
Date: February 10, 2020 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Conference Goal: To inform conference participants about the various hazards which affect Pre-Hospital (EMS & Fire) nurses, physicians, long term care staff, Home Health, Dialysis, Emergency Management (local emergency management/City and state police), Public Health, pharmacists, Disaster Behavioral Health (private and public mental health).
Course Description: D1RMRC will host local and national speakers on relevant topics including:
- Firefighter and Paramedic speaks on PTSD from life changing event – Ben Vernon
- Exposing the Risks of America’s Dependence on China for Medicine – Rosemary Gibson
- Lessons Learned from Nursing Homes Cut Off from Health Records in Ransomware Attack – Fred Massoll, The Willows at East Lansing
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Current and Future Projects and Threats – Ed Gabriel
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Victim Specialist and Victim Resource Task Force Program Manager within the State of Michigan’s Division of Victim Services – Carmen Kucinich and Jeremy Hagerman
- Workplace Violence Assessment for Healthcare – Caroline R. Hamilton, CHS-III
Target Audience: Hospitals and Outpatient Clinical Facilities, Home Health, Hospice, PACE, Pharmacists, EMS and First Responders, Emergency Management, Local Public Health, Behavioral Health, Long Term Care, Dialysis, Educators, Federal/State/Local government and community partners
Support provided by:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services – Bureau of EMS, Trauma and Preparedness – Division of Emergency Preparedness and Response
District 1 Regional Medical Response Coalition
Region 1 Homeland Security Planning Board
*Credits for Physicians, Nurses, EMS, and Social Workers have been applied for.
Full day attendance is required to obtain credits/contact hours.
Questions: Contact D1RMRC at (517) 324-4404 or at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
_This symposium was supported by the Cooperative Agreement Number 1U3REP190584-01, funded by the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response. _